We take your privacy very seriously and we will not share any information you give us with anyone else unless required by law. We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute the information that you or your users share with us. We value your privacy and we want you to feel comfortable using our services.
OneAll Sàrl ("OneAll", "we", "us") is a registered technology company offering a set of web-delivered tools and services for establishing and optimizing a site’s connection with many social networks and providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo! and LinkedIn amongst others.
The OneAll social optimization platform enables online businesses ("Developers") to (a) easily connect their sites to all the major social platforms and integrate with Open ID and other external authentication providers; (b) offer their site visitors ("End Users") on-site authentication, sharing and social features to enhance their connected experience; and (c) analyze a site’s social activity with helpful use data and metrics.
OneAll’s technology also enables Developers and their End Users to easily distribute web content applications such as photos, videos and other widgets ("Web Applications") to social networks and a wide variety of other web destinations, and directly to mobile devices.
1. Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personally identifiable information ("PII") via the Site and the Services. PII is any information that may be used to contact, identify or locate an individual, and includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and postal addresses. OneAll generally collects PII under the following scenarios:
- When you choose to provide us with your PII via the Site; including, when you send us an email asking a question, we use that information to answer your question and will store it for a reasonable time.
- We may periodically publish an email newsletter. If you provide us with your email address for the purposes of receiving OneAll’s email newsletter, we may also email you with further information and offers from OneAll and/or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided within the email.
- The Services may enable you to send emails to your friends. If you provide your email address or your friends’ email addresses for these purposes, OneAll will store those email addresses, but will not use them to send promotional emails to you or your friends (unless you or your friends independently sign up to receive promotional emails from OneAll).
- When Developers and OneAll Clients register to use the Services via the Site, OneAll collects their name, company, email address, website URL and telephone number. OneAll also asks them to select a password for their account. OneAll uses this information to help maintain their account.
- If you choose to use the Services via one of the many open standards for user authentication and access control (e.g., OpenID, OAuth, etc.) that enable you to link the Services with accounts you have already established with social networking platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and/or email platforms (e.g., Yahoo! Mail), OneAll will collect the PII as well as other information that you have already provided to the social networking or email platform. This PII may include your name, email address, postal address, and demographic information such as age, gender and income. Although OneAll won’t use your PII in this manner without your affirmative ("Opt-in") consent, OneAll may use the information collected this way to analyze the usage of the Services and/or to compile anonymous statistics. In all instances, OneAll obtains and uses this information in accordance with the policies of the social networking or email platform.
- End Users may be afforded the opportunity to deploy emails via the Services. Where End Users have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent to those email addresses on their behalf. These email addresses will be stored in the address book the OneAll End User creates and will be used only for the purpose of sending the email communication to the addressee. OneAll cautions all End Users to utilize this email functionality in a responsible manner.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
OneAll also collects non-personally identifiable information ("Non-PII") via the Site and Services. Non-PII is information that may not, on its own, be used to identify or locate a personal or entity, and includes your IP address, browser type, and your computer’s operating system. OneAll collects Non-PII under the following scenarios:
- When you visit the Site, our servers automatically collect Non-PII, including but not limited to your IP address, the number, frequency and duration of your visit to the Site and specific pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, your computer's operating system, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site, and information you search for on the Site. This information is used for Site maintenance, to improve the relevance of the content that you see, and for reporting purposes.
- When you register on the Site, the OneAll servers automatically collect the Non-PII items described above as well as your interactions with OneAll’s staff and other registered Site users. We retain this Non-PII in our internal system as part of your registered account. We use this information internally to analyze the aggregate activities and preferences of our registered Site users, and to track and assess your interest in becoming a paid subscriber to the Services.
- When you create a Web Application which is using the Services, OneAll may record data related to that activity, including but not limited to the URL of the web page(s) where the Web Application is deployed. We use that information to help maintain and track the effectiveness of the Services.
3. Cookies and Tracking Pixels
OneAll uses "cookies" in connection with the Site and the Services. A cookie is a small data file that the OneAll servers transfer to your computer for record-keeping purposes. OneAll uses "persistent cookies" to save your username and login password for future logins to the Site and the Services. OneAll uses "session ID cookies" to enable certain features of the Services, to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage of the Services. OneAll also uses "flash cookies" to enable certain features of the Services, and to help store the non-PII we use to deliver more relevant content to you via the Site, the Services, and on other websites you may visit. OneAll also uses web beacons in connection with the Site and Services. Tracking pixels (also known as "1x1 pixels" or "clear GIFs") are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data.
4. Third Party Data Collection
OneAll may use third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect Non-PII (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and the categories of search terms you enter, and certain demographic information such as age and gender) when you visit the OneAll Site and/or use the Services. Please note that some Non-PII (which does not include demographic information) is also collected from End Users who simply visit the Site and/or visit a web page where the Services are enabled. Please note that the OneAll Services facilitate the sharing of Web Applications across many different websites, and that it may not be obvious that a Web Application is present on any particular website that you are visiting.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure
In addition to the data collection and use practices outlined above, we may share or otherwise disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances.
5.1. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
OneAll may share aggregated information with Clients, Developers, prospective Clients and prospective Developers as well as the press in order to demonstrate usage of the Services, spot industry trends, and to generate publicity for the Services. Aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain PII.
5.2. Service Providers
OneAll may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services and/or to provide services on it's behalf, (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics and administration). These third parties have access to PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated by contract not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
5.3 Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
OneAll cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. OneAll will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as OneAll, in it's sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of OneAll or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity OneAll may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
5.4 Business Transfers
OneAll may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including PII and any other information it has, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
6. Information Security
The security of your information is important to us, including but not limited to the PII collected via the Site and Services. We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care, both during transmission and once we receive it.
This includes, but is not limited to the use of firewalls and encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Storage in the European Union
8. Changing or Deleting Your Information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations.
8.1. Your Choices
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Cancellation and opposition of your personal data will resulted with the deletion of the previously stored data.
Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account. Where the Services are administered for you by an administrator (see "Notice to End Users" below), you may need to contact your administrator to assist with your requests first. For all other requests, you may contact us using our Contact form or the support form in your OneAll account.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
Where you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by installing third-party apps, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
8.2. Access and update your information
Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Services. For example, you can access your profile information from your account and search for content containing information about you using keyword searches in the Services. You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content.
8.3. Deactivate your account
If you no longer wish to use our Services, you or your administrator may be able to deactivate your Services account. If you can deactivate your own account, that setting is available to you in your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator and are unable to deactivate an account through your administrator settings, please contact our support team.
Please be aware that deactivating your account does not delete your information; your information remains visible to other users based on your past participation within the Services. For more information on how to delete your information, see below.
8.4 Delete your information
Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can remove certain profile information within your profile settings. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
8.5. Request that we stop using your information
In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don’t have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy.
Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved, provided your administrator does not object (where applicable).
If you object to information about you being shared with a third-party app, please disable the app or contact your administrator to do so.
8.6. Opt out of communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from OneAll by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
8.7. Turn off Cookie Controls
8.8. Send "Do Not Track" Signals
Some web browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
9. GDPR Privacy Compliance
Our Services are 100% compliant with all EU/US data protection laws and we believe that the GDPR is a significant step forward in data privacy. We fully support the GDPR's emphasis on strong data protection and security. For more information, please see OneAll GDPR/Data Processing Agreement.